Sunday 29 November 2015

Cory's Top 5 Disney Parks and Attractions

At the end of 2014, I wrote a listing of my favourite extinct and extant Disney theme park attractions from around the world, in lieu of a best-of the year. This December, I'm going to elaborate that into a weekly countdown of my top five favourite Disney theme parks, and my top five favourite attractions in each. On every Wednesday through the month, beginning on December 2nd and running till December 30th, we'll be a posting a new entry.


I cannot comment on what I haven't seen personally, which means those Disney parks in Communist dictatorships where my religion is illegal are out of the running. The pool does, however, include the Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Paris, Walt Disney World, and the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim. That is a total of nine theme parks to choose from (we didn't bother with the Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris, for the simple reason that it was right beside Disneyland Paris... a comparable problem faced by Disney California Adventure).

2015 actually marked a unique anniversary for me. It was 10 years ago, in May of 2005, that I went to Disneyland for the first time. It was just after the 50th anniversary celebrations began and not only was it my first trip to Disneyland, but my first trip to any Disney park. In looking back, I've been to some Disney park somewhere in the world almost every year of the last decade. Only 2007, 2010, and 2011 didn't find us in Disneyland USA, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney, or Walt Disney World. Perhaps it isn't as weird for those of you who go to a Disney park once or more per year, but it's amazing to me to think about it! In a few weeks we'll be going once more to Disneyland USA, for the 60th anniversary and our first Christmas together in a Disney park (and to see it one last time before it is altered irrevocably). If you happen to see us, make sure to say hi!

By now, if you have been reading this blog for any length of time (or are among the half of our readers who know me personally), you know that I have some pretty off-kilter tastes. So you can probably already anticipate that this is not going to be merely a list of all the E-tickets Disney has made in the last decade. Some will be on the list, though not even in the top spots. My purpose in listing them is not merely self-indulgent, as "favourite" lists tend to be, but also to pique your interest in maybe looking at some of these attractions in a new way or putting these parks on your must-do list.

I would love to see your list of favourite attractions in each of these parks as well, so be sure to leave comments as we're going along!

No comments:

Post a Comment